The Brocade ICX 6610 Switch redefines the economics of enterprise networking by providing unprecedented levels of performance, availability, and flexibility in a stackable form factor—delivering the capabilities of a chassis with the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of a stackable switch.
Chassis-Like Capabilities in a Stackable Form Factor
Today's enterprise networks are expected to deliver services thought impossible just a few years ago. High-Definition (HD) video conferencing, real-time collaboration, Unified Communications (UC), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are only a few of the applications that organizations are deploying to enhance employee productivity, improve customer service, and create a competitive advantage. These same networks must also provide anytime, anywhere mobile access and scale to meet rising user expectations. At the same time, organizations face continued pressure to reduce costs and do more with less. More than ever, campus networks need to quickly and efficiently evolve with the ever-changing business environment.
Class-Leading Performance for Today and Tomorrow
The Brocade ICX 6610 helps organizations meet this challenge by delivering wire-speed, non-blocking performance across all ports to support latency-sensitive applications such as real-time voice/video streaming and VDI. Brocade ICX 6610 Switches can be stacked using four full-duplex 40 Gbps stacking ports that provide an unprecedented 320 Gbps of backplane stacking bandwidth with full redundancy, eliminating inter-switch bottlenecks. Additionally, each switch can provide up to eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports for high-speed connectivity to the aggregation or core layers.
Non-Stop High Availability
When every second matters, Brocade ICX 6610 Switches help deliver continuous availability to optimize the user experience. Brocade stacking technology delivers high availability, performing real-time state synchronization across the stack and enabling instantaneous hitless failover to a standby controller in the unlikely event of a failure of the master stack controller. Organizations also can use hot-insertion/removal of stack members to avoid interrupting service when adding a switch to increase the capacity of a stack or replacing a switch that needs servicing.
Unmatched Simplicity and Investment Protection
The Brocade ICX 6610 is easy to deploy, manage, and integrate into both new and existing networks. Organizations can buy only what they need today and easily scale up as demand grows and new technologies emerge.
The flexibility of a stackable switch allows organizations to forgo investing in a chassis upfront and put precious capital to better use elsewhere. Organizations can purchase an initial switch to get started and add a new Brocade ICX 6610 Switch to the stack as their business grows.
Additional highlights include:
- Delivers chassis-level performance and availability, providing an optimal user experience for streaming video, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Unified Communications (UC), and other mission-critical campus applications
- Offers unprecedented stacking performance with 320 Gbps of stacking bandwidth, eliminating the need to work around inter-switch bottlenecks
- Provides up to 1 Tbps of total switching capacity with up to 384 1 GbE and 64 10 GbE per stack for campus network edge and aggregation layers
- Provides unmatched availability with four fully redundant 40 Gbps stacking ports per switch, hitless stacking failover, hot switch replacement, and dual hot-swappable power supplies and fan assemblies
- Simplifies network operations and protects investments with the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture, enabling consolidated network management and advanced services sharing across heterogeneous switches.
- Offers up to eight "pay-as-you-need" 10 GbE ports activated through software licensing
- Provides peace of mind with Brocade Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty